The Gold Coin

We are seeing a change in the selection process of many MBA colleges. IIFT for example has a GD, Essay writing and Interview as their selection process. I believe this trend will continue, and more and more colleges would be adopting this selection process.More on this topic here.


Here goes the story of "The Gold Coin"


It was a sunny day and I was walking through a country village. I was unhappy because I had lost my job. I suddenly noticed a small shiny object. It was a gold coin. I picked up but heard footsteps behind me. I felt afraid so i put the coin in my  mouth and found myself surrounded by people asking me "what is your name? Where are you from? What are you doing in our village?". I couldn't speak so I swallowed the coin. I felt it going down into my stomach. All the people disappeared. It felt strange knowing there was a gold coin in my stomach, so I decided to buy a bottle of spirits from the nearest shop. I though perhaps I could bring the coin back up. After drinking the bottle there was voice "You have three wishes". I said "First, I want a job. Second, I want a beautiful wife. Finally, can you come out of my stomach?". Suddenly there was a woman "I am your wife. We must leave this place for the people here want me dead. Come, our farm is nearby. I became a farmer nearby. The years passed and we had two children. My life was full of joy. One day I came home to find our farmhouse had been burned down. Inside there were three gold coins. I remembered what had happened in the past, so I swallowed the three coins and started drinking alcohol. No matter how much I drink, they never returned.

I started this story by imagining myself on a sea shore, walking alone. Then I asked myself "Where was I?"..and "Why was I walking alone?"...this part of the story is visual imagination (Imagining yourself in a village)...next the mood...I was utterly disappointed.."Why was I unhappy?"..."What happened?"...these are strong emotions in the essay (Unhappiness at losing a job, fear of footsteps)...then "What did I hear while picking up the coin?"..."footsteps"...this part is auditory. And then kinesthetic style(walking, bending, picking up, putting it in my mouth)...finally tactile, olfactory, gustatory(imagining the taste of the coin in the mouth).

Here are few links you would want to visit to know more about them.

Some more useful links you would want to visit








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

Mi perfil

My photo
People who read my blog regularly know what kinda person I am. For others who don't - I'm an information junkie..who likes to dig deep into things to find out what's happening in the world of education, business and management. I like investing in shares. I'm kinda sociable person - I go well with all kinda ppl..It's all about passion :)

Recent Comments