Facebook Interview Experiences - Hyderabad


Folks,

As many of you already know that Facebook is starting its operations in India.Bloomberg UTV news.It has already started recruiting full time employees for its Hyd office.

In this post, I'm gonna share some interview experiences and the selection procedure for Facebook.

Here is the career page of Facebook, where you can have a look at the job requirements and responsibilities.

Interview Process:

First, apply (for a position you choose) online on the careers page of Facebook by submitting your resume. If your resume gets shortlisted, you will receive a mail asking you to take a written test. The test is basically to test your written communication skills(you will need access to a computer/the internet during this time), it will have two questions regarding Facebook's India expansion and another question will test your knowledge of Facebook.

EX: 1 What are the advantages of Facebook's entry to India
2.Select a Facebook application and draft a mail to user giving him steps to use that application.

Note: Don't copy information from web, you will be automatically disqualified upon doing so.

Your test will be evaluated by linguists team and the results will be returned within 1-2 weeks. They will schedule time to speak once the writing test results are confirmed.

You will have two rounds of telephonic interview, where most of the questions will be on your current work experience. 
Upon clearing those two rounds, you will have 3-4 face-to-face interviews in some hotel.

Here are some questions that were asked during those rounds

1) What are you strengths and weaknesses?
2) Why Facebook?
3) How do your current job duties carry over to this position?

4) What experience do you have with platform analyst?
5) What would your current boss say if I asked him why I should hire you?
6) What is a recent project you are really proud of?
7) Why would your current boss recommend I hire you?
8) How would you change facebook? How would you change the help center?
9) What would you improve on the site?
10) Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager about an issue, and what did you do to overcome it?
11) Can you explain a situation where you didn't meet your goals or objectives ?
12) If your current manager has to tell about your strengths and weaknesses what would be your strengths and weaknesses?
13) Explain a situation where you faced conflict or difficult communication problems ?
14) Have you ever had a conflict with a boss / colleague /professor or with your family members? How was it resolved?
15) How would you compare Facebook advertisements to competing advertisement outlets such as Google or Yahoo?
When you think about the Web, the Web promised engagement. No longer would it be static. No longer would you just watch the TV commercial, but you would interact. But there is not a lot of advertising on the Web which is truly interactive. There aren't that many places where an advertiser can connect with users and do so as a part of their experience and as part of the sharing. Facebook actually offers that ability.
16) What sets facebook apart from other networking sites?
17) Describe your favourite feature/application. Try to write it as a letter/email to a user asking for your advice.
Here are some useful links

I hope this information is helpful to you. Please share your experiences by leaving a comment. Thanks for reading my post.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot...its very useful.....wat did ur interview resulted into......?

Bharath H R said...

WC..I did not attend the interview...I got to know this frm my frnd :)

Anonymous said...

did your friend get hired?

Anonymous said...

very useful brother

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Can you please tel me more about the face to face rounds. It would be greatly appreciated.
Also how many face to face interviews were thr
Thanks in advance!!

Mr. K b N said...

Hi all..

I recently had telephone interviews and would like to share my experiences aswell..

First there was a written test where you had two questions to answer in 30 minutes time, the questions were what do you understand about online marketing and what changes can FB make for advertising..

It was easy as your sentence framing, logical thinking and spelling was checked..

After this, the HR lady called me up and asked me a couple of questions about myself and my experiences.. Later she set up a telephone interview..

I was called on the mentioned time and the interviewer tole me that it will last about 30-35 minutes.. I have to keep my answers to the point and precise.. the questions were about my experiences, strengths, leadership quality in me, team building, if the advertising policy should be global or local and how can I contribute to facebook.. I was also asked why facebook too.. The interview went very well and at the end I asked them a couple of questions, it is good to ask them 2-3 questions, be prepared for that...

And a few hours later I was called back and given feedback on the interview, take a pen and paper and note them down.. I was asked to show passion towards FB as they want someone very passionate and ask questions that will show my interest towards FB and job role.. And was set up to the second round of telephone interview..

This time, the interview was shifted a couple of hours, which was fine by me, and was asked similar questions along with my understanding of the job role, about different policies and their implementation.. I was asked about how will you make an advertiser understand FB's add policies and get to a win win outcome.. The line will be a bit shabby as it is always a conference call, so, I advice you to use your headphone with mike on full volume, cos you can easily misunderstand what the question is..

and three days later I got a mail saying that unfortunately I have not made it.. proper reasoning was not given and there was no reply to my mail for a feedback..

well friends.. good luck for those who are trying now..

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

Mi perfil

My photo
People who read my blog regularly know what kinda person I am. For others who don't - I'm an information junkie..who likes to dig deep into things to find out what's happening in the world of education, business and management. I like investing in shares. I'm kinda sociable person - I go well with all kinda ppl..It's all about passion :)

Recent Comments