GRE Words with pictures

Root : pet 

Meaning : petit to ask, request, seek

Impetuous : Impulsive and passionate

Adj - of, pertaining to, or characterized by sudden or rash action, emotion, etc



Propitious : auspicious, favorable

propitious weather.

Impetus : Moving force, stimulus

The grant for building the opera house gave impetus to the city's cultural life.































Competent : Capable


He is perfectly competent to manage the bank branch.

Petition : to plead, to appeal

a petition to God for courage and strength.

posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

Mi perfil

My photo
People who read my blog regularly know what kinda person I am. For others who don't - I'm an information junkie..who likes to dig deep into things to find out what's happening in the world of education, business and management. I like investing in shares. I'm kinda sociable person - I go well with all kinda ppl..It's all about passion :)

Recent Comments